Welcome to your first visit! At this visit Fiona will ask you many questions about your past medical history, she will perform a general medical exam and an ultrasound. Some patients have lots of questions regarding pregnancy care and Fiona can answer all of these at this appointment. At the end of this consult you and Fiona will make a plan together for your ongoing pregnancy management. For this first visit it is really important that you bring your paperwork and your test results along with you. These include:
- Referral letter from your GP or specialist
- Any blood test results that may have been performed while you were pregnant
- Any recent ultrasound results
- Your last pap smear or cervical screening test results.
- Your Medicare card and health insurance details.
Generally your first appointment will be when you are around 8 weeks pregnant. Even though you may not have seen Fiona, your care with her starts from the moment you book with her. You can contact her if you have any concerns even if it is before your first appointment with her.